Mens Volleyball Shorts
Mens volleyball shorts for competitive volleyball players. Comfortable stylish shorts helping you make athletic jumping and lunging movements on the volleyball court.
Looking for Volleyball Shorts?
- You want to look good? Looks and style are usually the most important things to consider when looking at shorts for volleyball.
- Ease of Movement on the Court. While you play volleyball, you want to be able to easily sprint, change directions, and dive on the court. Shorts that easily stretch and can withstand rough play is essential.
- Althletic Mens Volleyball Shorts that Handle Sweat. Most volleyball shorts are made of mesh or dry fit material. Mesh volleyball shorts are real comfortable to play in. The mesh material also helps when diving and sliding on the floor. Most athletic shorts come with an elastic waist and draw string. The draw cord allows you to easily adjust the waist size and fit.
Common Styles of Mens Volleyball Shorts
Board Shorts for Beach Volleyball
- Board Shorts. If you're ever near a beach volleyball court, you've likely seen male volleyball players playing beach volleyball in board shorts. These shorts not only look good, but also are great to play volleyball in because of the weather resistant material. Obviously, moard shorts are designed to handle water and other kinds of rough wear and tear. Not just on the beach, your shorts will also gather a lot of moisture from sweating out on the court while playing indoor volleyball. The downside to board shorts is they tend to be a little heavier and bulkier.
- Mesh Athletic Shorts. Mesh shorts have the advantage of being looser in the hip and thigh areas. If comfort is a big importance to you, then mesh style shorts may be a better option than board shorts.
Best Style of Mens Volleyball Shorts
I prefer board shorts over other styles of volleyball shorts for a few reasons...
I like the look. I play a ton of volleyball, mostly outdoors. Playing outdoor volleyball, you have many elements that your clothes need to weather. For example, the heat, sun, wind, and rain all wear on the shorts.
Especially the playing surface is big factor. In grass volleyball the grass is often wet. Diving in mud or on a hard dirty ground can be very hard on your shorts. Sand volleyball is rough on shorts also.
From my experience, a good pair of board shorts is the best option for these rough conditions.
And you look good playing the sport you love.